The Brothers' War Prerelease Begins Friday November 11th And Runs Through To The Release Day Friday November 18th
Sign up for the Leisure Time Games E-Mail newsletter and be kept up to date on all the news, events and other things of interest brought to you by
Leisure Time Games
Starting on Friday November 11th, Leisure Time Games will be hosting the The Brothers' War prerelease. We will have prerelease packs available for sealed deck tournaments and open play events. We will also have sealed set booster boxes, sealed draft booster boxes, sealed Jumpstart booster boxes and sealed collector booster boxes available as well.
But wait, there's more
For the first time ever, the entire suite of The Brothers' War products will be available for sale, not just sealed boxes and prerelease packs. You want a couple of boosters? Sure. Commander decks? We got you covered. Want a bundle? We'll have those too. All available starting this Friday.
THE BROTHERS' WAR
"Journey back to The Brothers’ War, a brutal clash of mechanical armies that scarred the landscape of Magic forever. With the present in jeopardy, hope for the multiverse must come from the past. It's time to remake history." -Wizards Of The Coast Website. You can read about the backstory here
Can't Find It In Our Shop?
If we don't have it in our shop, it doesn't mean we can't help you find it. Check out our Online Store where we have access to thousands of more titles for you to choose from, all from a secure site
The Brothers' War Buy A Box Promo
Starting on prerelease Friday and going forward while supplies last, when you purchase a sealed box of The Brothers' War Set Boosters, Draft Boosters or Collector Boosters, you'll also receive a special Buy A Box promo; a retro framed Mishra's Foundry. Boxes and promos are available while supplies last.
Magic The Gathering 30th Anniversary Prerelease Promos
Among programs, we are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. For more info
To celebrate 30 years of Magic the Gathering, Wizards Of The Coast has sent us special foil promo cards with a gold foil stamp highlighting the year the card was originally printed. This special promotion will go on through this year and into the next. Different promos will be given away for each prerelease. With The Brothers' War set, everyone that participates in either a The Brothers' War Open Play or Sealed events will receive 1 of 4 randomly selected promo cards. You'll get the chance to get either a 1996 stamped Wall Of Roots, a 1997 Wood Elves, a 1998 Windfall, or if you're lucky enough a1999 Chinese (Simplified)-language version of Loyal Retainers. You can get 1 random card for each event you enter.
The Brothers' War Products And Events
Prices for all The Brothers' War products over the weekend will be
- Prerelease Packs- $24.99 plus tax (please note, there are two different Prerelease Packs, Urza and Mishra. The Differences between the two are cosmetic only)
- Collector Boosters- $24.99 plus tax
- Collector Booster Boxes- $229.99 plus tax
- Set Boosters-$5.99 plus tax
- Set Booster Boxes- $129.99 plus tax
- Draft Boosters- $4.99 plus tax
- Draft Booster Boxes- $114.99 plus tax
- Bundles- $42.99 plus tax
- Jumpstart Boosters- $7.99 plus tax
- Jumpstart Booster Boxes- $79.99 plus tax
- Commander Decks-$45.99 plus tax (2 to choose from: Mishra's Burnished Banner and Urza's Iron Alliance)
The Brother's War Events
Starting Friday November 11th and through the official launch day, we will be hosting open play events, as well as prerelease tournaments on Friday and Saturday. What's more, not only can you pick up any of The Brothers' War product; individual or sealed boxes of boosters, decks, bundles, and Jumpstart- for the first time ever we can also sanction draft events.
All Open Play events are a casual format. It's a way for you to play some Magic without having to commit to entering a tournament. Buy what you like, stay and play for however long you want, play whoever else is looking for a game too. Some examples include
- Jumpstart- Each player purchases 2 Jumpstart boosters, shuffles them up, and plays a regular game of MtG. Each booster has 20 cards including land and follows 1 of 10 different themes that you won't know until you open your pack and take a look. All Jumpstart product is compatible with other Jumpstart products, so if you want to pick up a The Brothers' War pack and a Dominaria United pack, you can totally do that. You can find more info on The Brothers' War Jumpstart product here
- Sealed Deck- Pick up a tournament pack, build a 40-card deck, and have a good time
- Commander- There will be 2 decks to choose from. 100 card deck, no duplicates, 1 is your commander. Best played in a group setting, but one on one can be great fun too. You can find out more about the decks here
We have scheduled 3 main sealed deck events for prerelease; 1 on Friday and 2 on Saturday. Also, for the first time ever we will be hosting drafts on demand as well
Sealed Deck Tournament
Typically, a sealed deck tournament consists of purchasing 6 boosters, which you use to build a 40-card deck, You are then assigned an opponent based on your current win/loss record. Number of rounds are determined by the number of participants. The Brothers' War sealed deck event is like this, but more. For the cost of 1 tournament pack ($24.99 plus tax), you will receive
- 6 booster packs
- 1 of 4 randomly selected 30th Anniversary promo cards
- 1 Random premium foil date-stamped rare or mythic rare from the set
- 1 MTG Arena code card
- 1 Deck Box
- 1 Spindown die
- 2 set boosters in the prize pool for each participant, to be divided among the top players
If draft is more your thing, we can do that too. Entry will be the cost of 3 draft boosters ($14.97 plus tax). Prize support will be in the form of 1 draft pack in the prize pool per participant, to be divided among the top players
Further tournament details can be found below
Times Of Events
All Open Play Events
- 3:00 PM
Sealed Deck Tournament
- 6:00 PM
All Open Play Events
- 10:00 AM
Sealed Deck Tournament
- 12:00 PM and 4:00 PM
- Rules Enforcement Level (REL) Regular
- Each Sealed Deck event will have a cap of 16 participants
- Each draft will have a cap of 8 participants
- Swiss Tournament
- 3 rounds max
- 50 Minute rounds
- Best 2 of 3 games
- 5 turns for any game still underway at the end of official time
- Draft- 50 Minutes* for drafting and deck construction
- Sealed- 50 Minutes* for deck construction
- Basic lands will be provided
- 40 card deck size minimum
- No 4 card limit
- All cards not in deck are considered your sideboard
- Basic lands are also considered to be in your sideboard (no need to physically have them, just get them from the land station as you need to sideboard them in)
*Because this is a new set, extra time may be allotted for drafting/construction
Supplies Are Limited
We only have so many kits coming in overall. Even though we have a cap of 16 players per tournament, we may encounter a further cap based on overall supply. The sooner you sign up, the less likely this will be a problem for you, so please do so as soon as possible.
The Brothers' War Launch, Friday November 18th
The launch begins Friday at 6:00 PM with Friday Night Magic.
Saturday Launch Drafts
On Saturday, we will be hosting Launch Party drafts. The first Saturday draft will be at 12:00 PM, then the second will be at 4:00 PM
- Draft entry will be the cost of 3 draft boosters- $14.97 plus tax
- Prize support will be in the form of 1 draft pack in the prize pool per participant, to be divided among the top players
Other Upcoming The Brothers' War Events
- Friday Night Magic- Fridays, November 18nd - January 20th
- Commander Nights- Tuesdays, November 22nd - January 24th
- Game Day- December 10th
*Magic The Gathering Prize Support
Wizards Of The Coast gives us very generous prize support for their prereleases in the form of booster packs. To learn more about how we break that down here at Leisure Time Games...
Don't forget, all The Brothers' War product will be available, Prerelease events, and the official launch.
See you soon
THE FINE PRINT
Unless otherwise specified, all listed sales prices do not include CA sales tax. So whatever it says, add 8.75% and there you go.
No returns without a receipt. Can you believe I've actually had people try to return things to me that they didn't buy from me? People, amirite?
Returns are store credit only. Insert pithy follow-up statement here.
All discounts based on multiple purchases will be on the lowest priced item. Because that's how I roll.
Special prices, special offers, discounts, and sale prices are not valid when redeeming store credit. Just because you hoarded it, doesn't mean it's worth more now.
All times, locations, events, hosts, and so forth are subject to change without notice. Stuff happens man.
Contact Leisure Time Games for any last minute changes. Believe me, it happens.
Sale Items, event entries, prize support, etc are all limited to stock on hand. You'd think I wouldn't have to say that, but there it is.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. Yes, even you.